Enjoy our Dry Tortugas charter boat without having to sail there and back. Maximize your vacation time inside the Dry Tortugas National Park and minimize your chances of seasickness. Take the Dry Tortugas National Park ferry ride for 2.5 hours and start your liveaboard charter at Fort Jefferson.
Did you know that sailing to the Dry Tortugas National Park requires up to 12 hours to transit the 70 miles in each direction? This is why we require as a minumum a 4 Day / 4 Night Charter to incorporate visiting Fort Jefferson and the Dry Tortugas National Park along with our other activities. Usually, the waves are coming from in front of us either on the way there or on the way back. This is sometimes up to an 8-hour bumpy ride with lunch underway before we reach our safe anchorage for the night. If you think any members of your party or you desire to solely enjoy Fort Jefferson and the Dry Tortugas National Park without sailing into waves or visiting any of the other Keys or the barrier reef, you may now do so by choosing this option.
By purchasing this Dry Tortugas Express Option in addition to any of our liveaboard charters from 1 day to 7 days, you can board the high speed ferry in Key West called the Yankee Freedom III. We will sail our luxury catamaran ourselves for 12 hours to meet you there when you arrive! Please be aware that tickets for the Yankee Freedom III are not included in this price and requires a reservation by phone several weeks in advance. Before you call them, check our availability for your liveaboard charter here.
When you call to check their availability and to purchase your ferry tickets, the product they are selling is a round trip ticket called Camping Trips. (Normally when people wish to remain at Fort Jefferson for a night or two, they have to sleep in a tent on the beach.) Be sure to mention that you will be staying onboard our luxury sailing catamaran, Makara! Click this link to see more information about the Yankee Freedom III. You may call the reservation department directly at 800-634-0939.
Prepaid reservations for our liveaboard charters and this Dry Tortugas Express are required and you may request your dates during the checkout process.
WHO CAN DO IT
○ Overnight charters are best for people who have some boating experience, but it is not required. We can accommodate up to 6 passengers of all ages and abilities, who can climb steps over 12 inches tall and who are comfortable with steady motion from the sea.
○ Snorkeling or paddling is best for swimmers that are comfortable with a small amount of wind and waves on the sea, age 6 and older and in good health.
○ Scuba diving is available for strong swimmers in good physical condition. See the requirements here.
INCLUDED WITH THIS OPTION:
○ Owners are your experienced crew as Captain and Chef.
○ Sleep aboard our catamaran, Makara on anchor within one mile of Fort Jefferson. Sleeping on snorkeling or diving moorings is not permitted.
○ If the weather permits it and there is availability in the anchorage, we prefer to spend the night very close to Fort Jefferson with a clear view of sunset and Loggerhead Lighthouse.
○ Pick up and drop off from the Yankee Freedom III is done by using our 12-foot inflatable tender on a wooden pier right next to the ferry dock. There is a very short walk in the sand and just a few stairs to climb before you are aboard our catamaran.
Currently we can take up to 6 guests per trip aboard Makara..
See our friendly Cancellation and Refund Policy.