Private Single Activity Trip – Perfect to Play on the Reef or Just Sail and Enjoy the Sunset
Enjoy a traditional sailing charter Key West style, embarking from the Safe Harbour Marina on Stock Island. With a feel of “Old Key West”, the shrimp boats and local craftsmen provide a picturesque beginning to your afternoon. Once aboard you will appreciate the luxury accommodations of our charter catamaran with plenty of room to roam about. Sailing a large modern catamaran is quite easy and involves as little or as much effort as you wish to put into it. Ask to help raise the sails or take a turn at the helm if you like. The destinations for the optional activities are less than one hour away, making this 3 hour trip ideal for one of them.
This is the ideal sailing trip for a sunset cruise – Let us know if this is what you’re looking for!
Check in: 2:30pm Departure: 3:00pm Return: 6:00pm
Prepaid reservations are required and you may request your dates during the checkout process
WHO CAN DO IT
○ We can accommodate up to 6 passengers of all ages and abilities, who can climb steps over 12 inches tall and who are comfortable with some motion from small waves.
○ Snorkeling or paddling is best for swimmers that are comfortable with a small amount of wind and waves on the sea, age 6 and older and in good health.
Please refrain from drinking alcohol until after swimming.
INCLUDED ON THIS TOUR:
○ Owners are your experienced crew as Captain and Chef
○ A light snack
○ Non-alcoholic beverages
○ Music and Towels
○ ONE OF THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITY OPTIONS:
SNORKEL OPTION: Snorkel on the reef (if the weather is favorable)
○ A direct route out to the reef using the engines
○ Use of a secure mooring at the site
○ One hour guided swim and snorkel in the water over the coral reef
○ Free snorkel equipment (bring your own if you have it)
○ Fresh water shower on back deck for rinsing off the seawater after your swim
SAILING OPTION: Sail to the Historic Seaport
○ Strictly sail or motor-sail using the wind as much as possible
○ Travel to the Historic Seaport of Key West and view the boats in the harbour
○ Rest for a while in the flat water of the protected harbour
○ Use the wind as much as we can and “tack” the boat a lot
○ Explaination of the principles of sailing and some basic terminology
PADDLE OPTION: Paddle in the mangrove (a good option for windy days)
○ A direct route out to the mangrove using the engines
○ Use of the anchor in a protected harbour next to the mangrove
○ One hour guided paddle on the edge of the mangrove and look for fish and birds
○ 2 Stand-Up Paddleboards and 3 two-person kayaks are provided along with life jackets
○ Fresh water shower on back deck for rinsing off the seawater after your paddle
WHAT TO BRING
○ Bring your own alcohol, beer or wine if you wish. We will keep it cold and serve you.
○ If you would like to snorkel or swim, bring a towel, wear your swimming outfit and bring a change of clothes. UV protective swimwear and clothing are a good idea.
○ If you have a life jacket for your children, they will be more comfortable in their own so you should bring it.
○ A hat and glasses are highly recommended.
○ Please be prepared to leave your shoes behind and walk barefoot on the boat. You can wear non-marking (white) soled shoes onboard with the Captain’s approval.
○ Please use try to use biodegradable sunscreen or wait to apply until after swimming, we wish to keep our precious resources clean.
Currently we can take up to 6 guests per trip.
See our friendly Cancellation and Refund Policy.